Hart-Miller Island Citizens Oversight Committee
The Hart-Miller Island (HMI) Citizens Oversight Committee was created by the General Assembly in 1985 and is the oldest standing committee within the Dredged Material Management Program process. Membership is prescribed in law. It advises the Maryland Port Administration (MPA) on dredged material placement activities at HMI as well as the monitoring program. Recently, it has been engaged in the development of the closure plan for HMI, which recently ceased dredging placement operations at the end of 2009. The committee meets bi-monthly. Staff support is provided by MPA and the Maryland Environmental Service.
To contact committee members, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the Maryland Port Administration at 410-385-4438.
- Maryland Environmental Trust
- Baltimore County Waterman’s Association
- Essex-Middle River Civic Council
- Greater Dundalk Community Council
David Kenneth Patro Jr.
- North Point Peninsula Community Coordinating Association
- Pleasure Boaters
- Sixth County Council District
- Seventh County Council District
- Sports Fishing and Crabbing
State Agency Representatives:
- MD Department of the Environment
- MD Department of Natural Resources
- MD Environmental Service
- MD Port Administration