P.O.B Portals

Cruise Maryland


Quality CArgo Handling Action Team​​​​​​​​​​

POB eBroadcast

 Frequently Asked Questions

Port of Baltimore General Information

What Cruise Vacations can I take from the POB and what does it cost to park?

Click here to view the Cruise Information​ page on our web site.

Where do I find information on Baltimore's Inner Harbor attractions and historical vessels?

Contact the Baltimore Area Convention and Visitors Association 1-877-Baltimore or visit their website www.baltimore.org​.

How do I receive the POB Magazine?

Click on the following link and submit the form: Subscribe to POB Magazine​​

I would like information on POB statistics, how do I obtain a report?

Click here to view the Cargo Statistics​ page on our web site.​

How do I get general information on shipping and international trade?

Contact the World Trade Center Institute by calling 410-576-0022 or visit their website www.wtci.org​.

I want to start my own import/export company, what should I do?

Contact the World Trade Center Institute by calling 410-576-0022 or visit their website www.wtci.org​.

Where do I find employment information for the MPA?

Click to view the MPA's Employment​ web page or call 410-631-1000.

Whom do I contact for employment information with the Steamship lines or the ILA?

Contact the Steamship lines directly or the ILA by calling 410-631-7271.​

I am researching my ancestry and I know one came over on a certain ship into the POB. How do I find information on ship manifests?

Contact the Maryland Historical Society by calling 410-685-3750 or visit their website www.mdhs.org. You may also contact the Baltimore City Archives by calling 410-396-3884 or visit their website www.baltimorecityhistory.net/​.


Shipping and Terminal Information

How do I ship my privately owned automobile within the U.S. or to a foreign country?

If you need to ship your vehicle within the U.S. you should refer to your Yellow Pages and look for Auto Transporters and Auto Drive Away Companies. Military personnel who need to ship their privately owned vehicle overseas may contact the PASHA Group, 410-631-5751. Non-military persons who need to ship overseas should refer to the Steamship Line Shipping Services Directory (click here for more information on the Shipping Services Directory).​

How do I ship household goods?

Click here to view the Shipping Services Directory​ page on our web site. ​

What Steamship Lines call which POB terminals?

Click here to refer to the BMTA Schedule on our website​ or contact the MPA Intermodal department, by calling 410-633-1180.​

What date is a certain vessel due into the POB?

Contact the Baltimore Maritime Exchange by calling 410-342-6610 or visit their website www.balmx.org​.

What are the terminal handling charges such as trucking and unloading charges?

Contact the Baltimore Maritime Exchange by calling 410-342-6610 or visit their website www.balmx.org​.

Where do I find information on railroad operations at the POB?

Contact the MPA Intermodal department by calling 410-633-1180.​

Contacting Other Related Agencies

Who do I contact for questions about Maryland roads, highways, toll facilities, MTAG, or the MVA?

Toll Facilities: MdTA - 410-288-8400
MTAG: 1-888-321-MTAG
Roads and Highways: SHA, Office of Communications - 800-323-6742 MVA: 1-800-950-1682

How do I contact U.S. Customs in Baltimore?

Contact the Baltimore office by calling 410-962-2666​

I need to register my boat, how do I do that?

Contact the Department of Natural Resources by calling 1-877-620-8DNR or visit their website www.dnr.maryland.gov/boating​.

Human Trafficking GET HELP

National Human Trafficking Hotline - 24/7 Confidential

1-888-373-7888 233733 More Information on human trafficking in Maryland

Customer Service Promise

The State of Maryland pledges to provide constituents, businesses, customers, and stakeholders with friendly and courteous, timely and responsive, accurate and consistent, accessible and convenient, and truthful and transparent services.

Take Our Survey

Help Stop Fraud in State Government

The Maryland General Assembly’s Office of Legislative Audits operates a toll-free fraud hotline to receive allegations of fraud and/or abuse of State government resources. Information reported to the hotline in the past has helped to eliminate certain fraudulent activities and protect State resources.

More Information