Trucks exceeding certain weight, length, width and/or height limits must have special permits before they can travel on state highways and local roads.
The Port of Baltimore does not issue transportation permits. The concept of this website page is for informational purposes only. Drivers/ truckers are responsible for preparation their routes in advance to obtain appropriate permits. It is important that trucking companies and their drivers be up-to-date on restrictions and permitting requirements before traveling on the roads.
For more details please see below:
- SHA Permit Department Phone Numbers; 410-582-5727 or 410-582-5733
- SHA Hauling Permit
- Maryland One System (A one stop shop for all your Hauling Permits for Maryland)
- Listing of routes with restrictions for oversize/overweight vehicles- subject to change
- MdTA (Maryland Transportation Authority),
- MdTA Toll facilities
- MdTA Toll Rate
- City of Baltimore Hauling Permit | Kim Summers | 443-984-2195