- In 2006, a QCHAT-Containers was established.
- Meetings are held on a bi-monthly basis and focus on the needs of the POB container business community.
- An update is provided at each meeting regarding activities of the following: Maryland Motor Truck Association, US Customs, the Port's chassis pool, and the Seagirt Marine Terminal.
- Meetings also profile a local company or pertinent industry topic.
Key Focus Area:
The key focus of QCHAT-Containers is to provide a platform where members can voice their concerns or issues with any aspect of the Port's container business. Through teamwork and collaboration, recommendations/solutions are provided for the benefit of both the members and the POB.
- Analyzed truck turn time and chassis availability and made recommendations for improvement.
- Conducted truckers' survey to identify and resolve areas of concern and prevent unnecessary delays.
- Collaborated with members to increase the size and participation in the chassis pool.
- Conducted baseline performance survey for brokers/forwarders.