“The Mission Statement of the Maryland Department of Transportation Port Administration is to stimulate the flow of waterborne commerce through the ports in the State of Maryland in a manner that provides economic benefit to the citizens of the state.”
Our Vision Statement Shall:
- Capitalize on Port business opportunities
- Provide, manage and promote competitive, secure, state-of-the art terminals capable of efficiently handling diverse cargoes
- Leverage mutually supporting public and private sectors
- Act as a good steward of Maryland’s natural environment
- Friendly and Courteous: We will be helpful and supportive and have a positive attitude and passion for what we do.
- Timely and Responsive: We will be proactive, take initiative, and will try to anticipate your needs.
- Accurate and Consistent: We will always aim for 100% accuracy, and be consistent in how we interpret and implement State policies and procedures.
- Accessible and Convenient: We will continue to simplify and improve access to information and resources.
- Truthful and Transparent: We will advance a culture of honesty, clarity, and trust.